terribly. Every day. I am looking forward to a new pup in the house.. it will bring happiness and smiles. But.. I miss him.
I think I am using this blog on Tripawds as something that I can come back to and read when I need to warm my heart with my handsome guy. It’s something that I can read.. and re-live.. and remember how proud we were of him. This is a place when I can post how I feel about him without everyone on my Facebook knowing about it.. lol We all share a common bond, understanding and love for our furbabies here.. it’s a different part of our heart that they steal because they have gone through some pretty amazing adventures. I have some friends who just don’t understand how deep that bond is when you have gone through the Tripawd journey….
Yea.. I miss MY Tripawd. I miss…
– the thump thump thump of him coming down the ramp into the bedroom
– him wandering off at 11pm to his bed because.. it’s bedtime.
– him greeting me at the door when I come home from work.
– him sticking his head into any bags that we bring in the house, Mr. Nosey Rosey trying to find a treat for him….
– his tail wags
– him putting his head on the couch and looking at you to say.. “can I come up now?”
– the jangle of his collar when he hopped along
– him sitting up and giving me his one remaining paw for a pig ear
– walking/hopping in front of us with his head looking back and that tail waggin cause he was the happiest dawg in the morning even though we were dragging our feet to the shower…
– watching him lying at the end of the deck on squirrel patrol
– his rowr, rowr, rowr sound he used to make when he got excited…
– his squeaky toy that he used to carry around and bite to make it squeak
– him lying on the bathmat outside the shower
and most of all.. I miss his farts…
2 weeks ago tonight.. I was snuggling with my pup on the mattress on the floor.. I do wish that I could turn back time for one more snuggle.. one more stroke of his soft head and kiss him one more time between the eyes.
I have all those memories.. I know.. but the pain is so very very fresh….
Yup.. I miss him…. and I will always love him.